Skin - pmwiki
Sample1 Sample1 | Sample2 Sample2 | Sample3 Sample3
(from wikitext and css) | Sample4 Sample4
(pagelist with infobox properties, using complex template) | Sample5 Sample5
pagelist with unobtrusive infobox (js) properties, using template
- To create Bubblehelp infoboxes, as seen in knoppix.org.
- For using in production environment, this package should be tested first in local or intranet (security reasons) .
Some of the potential uses of Infobox
Site wide or group wide tips can be set.
Page wise tips can be set.
Comprehensive glossary terms can be defined using this recipe. Thus, can be used where terms on pages needs additional explanations but the page design does not permit the explanation to be inserted there itself.
Infobox's can be used to explain terms in any other language. Thus helping in creating a multilanguage page.
Infotips page can be shared among users or easily copied on to a new/different website/page.
Multi-language infotips pages can be maintained by different users.
Link tips can be created using simple wiki text.
Some issues Infobox addresses:
- Easy creation of bubble-help/infobox/popup using js or css only.
Notes and Comments
- More refinement could be done, i.e security wise.
- Original Author of js "infobox tooltip": Klaus Knopper
- Please see links at the beginning of this page.
|Php||4 >= 4.3.0||5.5+|
Latest: infobox-latest.tar.gz Δ
- I used the js file from knoppix.org. It is covered under GPL. I wrote a wrapper .php file to make it work under PmWiki.
- Further refinement from others are welcomed.